- What is Paytm?
- What is Paytm Wallet and How to use it?
- How to make an account on Paytm?
- How to create a Business/Merchant Account on Paytm?
- How to add money or send money to Paytm wallet?
- How to send money using Paytm?
- How to pay using Paytm at Stores/Merchants Outlets?
- What are the Uses and Benefits of using Paytm?
- How to view your transaction history in Paytm?
- How to send money from Paytm Wallet to Your Bank?
- What is paytm postpaid?
- What is paytm first?
- Which are the substitutions of paytm?
What is Paytm?
Paytm is the short form of “Pay Through Mobile” and it was founded by Vijay Shekhar Sharma in August 2010 and is owned by One97 Communications. Paytm is basically a digital payment platform where money can be transferred to the wallet through debit cards, credit cards, online banking or by depositing cash through banks.
The money in the wallet behaves as the actual money in hand. So, due to paytm, digitalization has gradually increased in India. Paytm being the largest digital money transfer platform, it is the most used commerce application in India. All the transactions occur at zero cost. The transactions occurs safely as the security issues in e-commerce is almost negligible.
In the initial stage, only few services such as mobile recharge and bill payments were provided. But then gradually this got increased. All the day to day life activities such as paying the light bill, phone bill, electricity bill, prepaid, postpaid mobile bills and recharge, D2H recharge etc can be easily done through Paytm. You can pay at the petrol pumps, grocery shops, restaurants and much more. Paytm is helping everybody in sectors like trade and commerce, ecommerce, etc.
Most of the applications have Paytm integrated as a mode of payment, increasing the use of paytm.
What is Paytm Wallet and How to use it?
Paytm wallet is the digital wallet where users can transfer money using credit card, debit card or net banking and use that money to make transactions on paytm. The limit of amount in the wallet is ₹10,000 per month. This limit can be increased to 1 lakh if KYC (Know Your Customer) is done.
Paytm KYC is simply submitting the identity proof. Various KYC points are there where all these legal procedure takes place. To find a nearby just navigate to KYC Point. Enter your pin code and get a list of all the stores near you!
How to make an account on Paytm?
Creating an account on paytm is not a big deal. You can Download the mobile paytm application on your android or ios smartphone. There are two types of accounts on paytm – Customer and Business Account.
Creating an account on Paytm is really very simple, Just follow the below steps to create a Customer Account:
- Tap on “Create a New Account” button.
- Enter the mobile number which you want to register and tap on “Proceed Securely”.
- A six digit OTP will be sent on the registered number, please enter that OTP.
- Enter First Name, Last Name, email address and password and tap on “Sign Up” button.
- Your account is successfully created!
To view the Account Details, tap on the user name.
- To edit Phone No, tap Update Phone Number & update details:
- Display Picture: Tap on the Edit text and select a new image.
- Display Name: Enter the updated name.
- Email: Enter the updated email.
- Mobile Number: Enter the updated mobile number and tap on “Save Details”.
- Saved Items
- It will list the saved items.
- Delivery Address
- All the multiple addresses are listed here.
- User can Edit the previously added addresses by simply tapping on the tab.
- If you want to delete the previously added address tap on Remove.
- To add a new location tap on Add Another Address.
- To set any of the location as default, enable the Set as Default toggle button.
- Choose Language
- To change the current language tap on Choose Language.
- Paytm is available in 11 languages. Select the language and tap on Continue.
- The selected language will always be displayed at the top.
- Invite on Paytm
- You can refer friends or family on paytm by simply tapping on Invite on Paytm.
- Invitation can be sent through various applications. Tap on the application of your choice and send.
- Notification Settings
- To logout from paytm, tap on Logout.
How to create a Business/Merchant Account on Paytm?
- Navigate to Paytm Business Account and then click on Sign Up for free.
- Your Details: Enter the below details and tap on Verify:
- Aadhar Card Number
- Business Details: Fill up the business details.
- Bank Details: Enter the bank details and tap on Get your QR code. Multiple accounts can be linked here. The QR code is now ready, get it downloaded and printed to start accepting payments.
TADA!! Your business account is ready and ready to receive payments. The most interesting thing here is not a single rupee is charged here, there is no cost of the QR code and even the transactions occur at zero cost.
How to add money or send money to Paytm wallet?
- Add money to Paytm Wallet
- Tap on Add Money option.
- Enter the exact amount of money you want to add and tap on Proceed to Add Money in the wallet.
- Select the payment method (Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Internet Banking) to add money.
- Enter the details such as CVV or bank details and tap on Pay Now.
The wallet balance will be updated. Paytm has a new feature known as Automatic Add Money which automates the process of adding money to the wallet. It will automatically add money for you. User have to fill out the below details:
Minimum Wallet balance to be maintained – Enter the minimum amount to balance which should always be there.
Money to be added when balance goes below minimum – Entertheamount of money which should be added when the balance goes below the minimum amount. So this feature allows hassle free usage.
How to send money using Paytm?
Money transfer got easier with Paytm! No need to stand in long queues of bank. Just one tap can let you transfer money.
- Open the paytm application.
- Tap on Pay icon.
- Enter the mobile number to which money is to be transferred or simply tap on the Address book icon to select a contact number from your contact list.
- Enter the amount which is to be sent
- Also specific messages can be sent mentioning the reason for money transfer and it is optional.
- Tap on the Send button.
- If there is less amount in your paytm wallet, you will have to add money first and then make a transaction. So you will be then redirected to the payment section page where you can add the money to the wallet first and then send.
- The account on which the money is sent will be notified using SMS, email and Push notification regarding the money transfer.
How to pay using Paytm at Stores/Merchants Outlets?
- Tap on Pay icon.
- In this step, you can either enter the mobile number or scan the QR code of the merchant.
- Enter the amount which is to be transferred and tap on Pay.
- If there is no sufficient amount in your wallet, you will be redirected to the payment page to add amount to the wallet and then proceed to pay.
- A text message notification will be sent to the merchant upon successfully completing the transaction.
What are the Uses and Benefits of using Paytm?
No need to carry huge amount of cash, credit cards and debit cards, just transfer money into the paytm wallet and your work is done!! All you need is an account on paytm!
2. Guaranteed Cash backs
For every transaction made, users get various exciting cashbacks and other gift vouchers. And if you are unsatisfied with the services provided by Paytm, you can get the money back within a less amount of time!
3. Transfer of Money
Transfer money seamlessly to other paytm accounts or directly to a bank account. Users can easily transfer money to others using paytm wallet, or directly to the bank accounts with zero cost!
4. Diverse Options
Book movie, hotel, bus tickets, flight tickets and train tickets.Recharge of mobile phones, D2H recharge, pay electricity and light bills, pay gas bills, LIC etc. Bill payments, ola, uber, etc all the top notch applications use paytm as a mode of payment. So if you have an account on paytm, you can pay on multiple platforms which makes this digital banking app very practical. Paytm is widely accepted as a mode of payment.
5. Transaction History
No need to hustle to keep a record of the monthly bill payments. Paytm makes it easier, by keeping a record of each and every transaction made by paytm passbook.
In addition to all of these, you can even shop on paytm using the paytm mall with various exciting cashbacks.
7. Multiple Languages
As paytm is available in 11 languages, more number of users can adapt this app and increase the digital usage at a national level. It is available in English, Hindi, Gujarati, Telugu, Marathi, Bengali, Tamil, Kannada etc.
8. Paytm Reminders
This feature of the app allows you to create payment reminders which makes it more user friendly. You can create reminders by simply adding the dates on which you want to get reminded. A reminder will come in the form of push notification with the payment amount and name to whom the payment is due.
How to view your transaction history in Paytm?
Transaction History keeps a track of all the transactions that have been made. All those transactions can be listed by tapping on Passbook with the amount, date of transaction made and to whom it was made.
The transaction history is categorised into Paytm Wallet, Paytm Gift Voucher, UPI Payments and Paytm Bank Savings Account.All the transactions which were made through the money in paytm wallet will be listed in the Paytm Wallet and same is the case with other categories.
You can even download monthly statements! Tap on Download Statement and select the time period. The statement will be sent to the registered email id, to update the mail id tap on Edit and then Confirm.
Spend Analytics is a graphical view of monthly expenditure on various categories.
How to send money from Paytm Wallet to Your Bank?
Paytm charges 5% to transfer money from paytm wallet to your bank account.The minimum amount of ₹500 and the maximum amount of ₹25,000 can be transferred.
Enter the amount which is to be transferred.
Tap on Proceed.
What is paytm postpaid?
Paytm postpaid is a digital credits given to the paytm users. They can spend this credit to pay for bills, movie tickets, mobile recharges, and for all which can be done using the money in paytm wallet.
The credit limit is decided based upon the user’s transaction history. Customers will be provided with the statement on the 1st of each month which should be paid by the 7th of the respective month otherwise late fees will be charged.
The repayment can be done through credit card, debit card or net banking to pay the dues.
So through paytm postpaid even if the user has no money in the wallet, he can use paytm postpaid credits.
Most of businesses use QR code to get payments from their customers. QR codes have become an integral part of modern business transactions as they facilitate the swift and secure process of receiving payments from customers. This innovative technology allows businesses to steer away from the conventional methods of payment, such as cash or credit cards, presenting a more convenient and efficient alternative.
By scanning a QR code, customers can easily complete their purchases through mobile payment apps, without the need for physical cash or cards. One of the best tool in the market is Otix QR Code Generator.
The Otix QR Code is a highly efficient tool that enables users to quickly and easily generate QR codes for a wide range of purposes. With its user-friendly interface and intuitive design, this generator makes the process of creating QR codes a breeze. Whether it’s for marketing campaigns, business cards, or product packaging, Otix offers a customizable solution to meet all your QR code needs.
What is paytm first?
Paytm First is a premium subscription based reward program available for paytm users. The subscription amount is ₹750 annually with a cashback of ₹100. There are certain privileges offered to premium subscribers which include offers from Zomato Gold, Uber, Flight tickets, OYO room bookings etc.
Also the users with Paytm First subscription will get cashback worth ₹1500 including movie tickets cashback every month!
To subscribe to paytm first, go to the paytm app and go to Paytm First section from the menu. Tap on Join Paytm First button, and then you will be redirected to the payment page. Select the payment method and once finished with the payment you are now subscribed to Paytm First subscription loyalty and reward program.
Which are the substitutions of paytm?
The revolution of digital payment platform got started with Paytm! Soon after Paytm came into the market, various other apps were also launched with distinguished features. Few of them are Freecharge, mobikwik, amazon pay etc. But still the users and market of paytm has been the highest because of the various benefits and user friendly interface of paytm.
Paytm is an application with a digital wallet integrated which allows to make payments at various places. You must have an account on paytm inorder to make transactions.
● Tap on the ‘Add Money’ icon.
● Enter the amount of money to be added.
● Select the mode of payment – credit card, debit card or net banking through which money is to be added.
● Tap on Pay Now.
Money will be successfully added.
You can use paytm on your desktop or laptop devices, mobile devices, tablets, etc.
You just need to install the paytm app from the playstore and then signup with your details and then you are ready to go with paytm. Do Recharges, Earn Money, Sell Products, etc.
To Become seller on Paytm, you have to submit all the documents that paytm team is requesting for and after submitting it, you as a seller can add as many products that you want to sell to paytm customers.
Paytm marketplace is a big marketplace where majority of products can be found in different categories like: clothing, shoes and handbags, electronics, Home & Kitchen, etc.
By going to the paytm seller dashboard, you can add the product in a relevant category with it’s all details like features and advantages to the customer’s that it offers.
Paytm Mall is an app designed for easy and fast ecommerce shopping experience. Paytm users can surf many products in Paytm Mall and purchase them with ease of payment methods.
There are many programs available to earn with paytm like To Become seller on Paytm, Becomer Affiliate Partner on Paytm, etc.
You need to have your KYC approved If you want to earn with paytm programs.
You need to create an account on paytm to initiate transactions.
1. Open Paytm KYC or tap on nearby option in the app.
2. Tap on Upgrade
The customer care service of paytm is available 365247. You can call on 0120-4880-880. For online enquiries you can raise a claim or query through the paytm app itself.
1. Go to paytm app.
2. Tap on Create a New Account button.
3. Enter the mobile number which you want to register and tap on “Proceed Securely”.
4. A six digit OTP will be sent on the registered number, please enter that OTP.
5. Enter First Name, Last Name, email address and password and tap on “Sign Up” button.
6. Your account is successfully created!